- Follow Nomad of the Universe on WordPress.com
- Emptiness Survival Kit. Part 2: Shed, Empty, Let Go. Day 18: Surrender Observe Allow Release meditation.
- Emptiness Survival Kit. Part 2: Shed, Empty, Let Go. Day 17: The Void.
- Emptiness Survival Kit. Part 2: Shed, Empty, Let Go. Day 16: Addiction.
- Emptiness Survival Kit. Part 2: Shed, Empty, Let Go. Day 15: Kali meditation.
- Emptiness Survival Kit. Part 2: Shed, Empty, Let Go. Day 14: Emptiness is what your soul wants.
Category Archives: emptiness
Almost all of ordinary matter (99.9999999% of it) is empty space. If you took out all of the space in our atoms, the entire human race (all 7 billion of us) would fit into the volume of a sugar cube. … Continue reading
“People are scared to empty their minds fearing that they will be engulfed by the void. What they don’t realize is that their own mind is the void.” — Huang-po
“You live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality, but you do not know this. When you understand this, you will see that you are nothing, and being nothing you are everything. That is all.” — … Continue reading
“Just as stars clump into galaxies and galaxies into clusters, so clusters of galaxies congregate into even larger superclusters, hundreds of millions of light years across. Between these superclusters are equally enormous voids, containing almost no matter at all. One … Continue reading
If you want change, you have to invite chaos.
“Form is emptiness; emptiness is form.” — Heart Sutra
Ride your horse along the edge of the sword Hide yourself in the middle of the flames Blossoms of the fruit tree will bloom in the fire The sun rises in the evening. – Zen Koan
I learned about this meditation on the Loner Wolf website. They call it the “Dark Night of the Soul meditation”. It is a healing practice for anyone going through the emptiness practice or the Dark Night of the Soul, and … Continue reading
Alternative, beautiful translation of the poem by Saint John of the Cross here. If you are going through the period of existential emptiness and spiritual depression, likely after a profound mystical experience, you may find this post by Loner Wolf helpful: 7 … Continue reading