- Follow Nomad of the Universe on WordPress.com
- Thank You Plant Medicine Day – join our online sharing circle this Sunday!
- Emptiness Survival Kit. Part 4: Change The Lens. Day 42: I Am Emptiness.
- Emptiness Survival Kit. Part 4: Change The Lens. Day 41: Emptiness Is A Way.
- Emptiness Survival Kit. Part 4: Change The Lens. Day 40: Trust The Dharma.
- Emptiness Survival Kit. Part 4: Change The Lens. Day 39: I Truly Am It All Already.
Category Archives: death
“My soul drifts light upon a sea of trees” — a film about a Zen priest helping depressed, suicidal people.
After losing two friends and an uncle to suicide, Zen priest Ittetsu Nemoto made it his life’s mission to support those struggling with depression and suicidal behavior. My Soul Drifts Light upon a Sea of Trees follows three of the … Continue reading
I’ve been looking for this poem for years! I first saw it at The British Museum’s Aztec exhibition ages ago and found it recently in the old photos. The poem is by Cacamatzin, the Aztec ruler of Texcoco (source here). … Continue reading
Making art is something I have missed when I was busy. In my archives I dug out this cheery 🙂 short film that I remixed using rewfoe (Hitrecord user) imagery when I was creating with Hitrecord. Perhaps I should return … Continue reading
One of my best friends has recently lost her father. When she told me, I burst into tears – so strong was her pain and my grief. I shared with her the dragonfly story that I heard as a German … Continue reading
I found this page when I wanted to read about the last words of enlightened people. Fake or real (I did not verify the source), these stories are very inspiring. Especially the one I am sharing below. What a way … Continue reading
I was reminded of Aaron Freeman’s words (full text here) recently when I wanted to console to a lady on Quora whose husband of many years died suddenly in hospital.