I’ve been looking for this poem for years! I first saw it at The British Museum’s Aztec exhibition ages ago and found it recently in the old photos. The poem is by Cacamatzin, the Aztec ruler of Texcoco (source here). Cacamatzin was more of a poet than a ruler and was murdered during the Spanish invasion. He sensed his impending death. His poem is about impermanence of our existence, regardless of status or achievements.
- Follow Nomad of the Universe on WordPress.com
- A galaxy of smiling hippos dances around me :) Sacred poetry workshop with Highest Good Wellbeing
- How to trust the Universe by Alan Watts
- When you find a star with a smiley face on a tomato…
- “When you arrive at non-action, nothing will be left undone. Mastery of the world is achieved by letting things take their natural course.”
- Ride your horse along the edge of the sword… #zen #happiness #awakening
beth on How to trust the Universe by A… beth on When you find a star with a sm… lolkin on “When you arrive at non-… beth on “When you arrive at non-… lolkin on Art therapy – Three magi…