I have been sceptical of Google talks before. They seemed too long. However I am glad I stuck out with this one by Ajahn Brahm (a Buddhist monk from Australia). Even despite the poo story somewhere in the second half 🙂 Despite his jokes, through stories and laughter, Ajahn Brahm gives very important life lessons. I feel I will need to watch this talk more than once, to really let it sink in.
My biggest takeaways:
- Give yourself permission to just be (especially when you are sick)
- Focus on light, not dark (eg when treating schizophrenia, treat the well side)
- Stress is like a cup held for too long. Put it down, rest, go back to work renewed
- Don’t feed the anger monster with more anger (or cancer with more stress), feed them kindness and acceptance to shrink them
- When in doubt, lost in life – as long as you create more peace, happiness, harmony, you are moving in the right direction, you will come out of the mist and see the path
Incredible monk! One of my heroes for sure. If your into buddhism and ever in canada check out my blog and leave a post. Will be happy to help anyway we can 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Joeythebuddhist. Will do!