I have been sceptical of Google talks before. They seemed too long. However I am glad I stuck out with this one by Ajahn Brahm (a Buddhist monk from Australia). Even despite the poo story somewhere in the second half 🙂 Despite his jokes, through stories and laughter, Ajahn Brahm gives very important life lessons. I feel I will need to watch this talk more than once, to really let it sink in.
My biggest takeaways:
- Give yourself permission to just be (especially when you are sick)
- Focus on light, not dark (eg when treating schizophrenia, treat the well side)
- Stress is like a cup held for too long. Put it down, rest, go back to work renewed
- Don’t feed the anger monster with more anger (or cancer with more stress), feed them kindness and acceptance to shrink them
- When in doubt, lost in life – as long as you create more peace, happiness, harmony, you are moving in the right direction, you will come out of the mist and see the path