It’s all rather simple and only took me 2 decades:
- Start by looking for happiness outside of yourself – change circumstances (location, job, etc) and people around you.
- Realise happiness is within, work on self-discovery, inner work, shadow work, inner child/ trauma healing work, etc.
- Discover that happiness can only be achieved if you leave your mind behind. Meditation, breathwork, psychedelics, etc.
- Start getting glimmers of happiness but it’s not what you expected. In fact, peace, joy, freedom > your idea of happiness.
- Final realisation – true happiness (aka bliss and freedom) are only possible when there is no I left to be happy.
I am off to go laugh at the moon. Here is the book that led to this latest realisation: