This week 3 things have been helping me to stay happy. Here they are.
Brilliant post by Swati Desai on The Importance Of Doing Nothing does not appeal to me just because I am lazy 🙂 Often staying still and letting things go (this, too, shall pass) is the best strategy. And the hardest. If you ever tried to ignore irritating people, you know. Swati Desai gives great examples and explains how meditation helps to ‘mitigate the anxious response to situations, increase will power, and increase tolerance for pain. It allows you to wait patiently in spite of the stress and the pain.’
Let go. Do not resist. Surrender.
Spotify recently launched a Guided Meditation playlist. The 3 gems I found last week there- meditations called Surrender by Krishna Das, Letting Go by Donna D’Cruz and Are You Experiencing Thoughts by Davidji.
And finally, James Altucher’s TED talk on how to be happy:
- Improve your physical health (focus on exercise and diet)
- Improve your emotional health (be around people that you love and trust)
- Improve your spiritual health (always expressing gratitude)
- Capture your brilliance (write down ten ideas every day)
- And finally, give without expectation (give your ideas away)