I love this quote. It is so simple to say ‘happiness is here and now, in you, you don’t need to look for it’. I found that I needed to work to be happy. I had to shed a lot of stuff, painfully unpeel one thing after another. I had to learn a lot of stuff, learn about myself and what ticks me. For me, enlightenment, achievement of happiness is a path, perhaps circular where you return to where you started, albeit with a new perspective, but still a path. You have to walk the path. You need to work on being happy. You need to learn the skills. You need to seek out things and people that make you happy. It’s a process. Don’t give yourself a hard time if progress is slow and non linear, but remember – there are choices to be made, and they won’t be easy, and you will have to make them. So don’t just sit and wait for happiness, it does not just come, go get it, work for it, make some choices and take some actions!
- Follow Nomad of the Universe on WordPress.com
- What would you do if you had 24 hours left to live?
- Resilience in Buddhism, a different perspective to find happiness, joy and peace #burnout #unemployment #anxiety
- Overcoming challenges and growing through struggles – I will be live on May 11 #burnout #mentalhealth
- In the beginning, fear and excitement feel the same
- To get out of your anger #ThichNhatHanh