I love this quote. It is so simple to say ‘happiness is here and now, in you, you don’t need to look for it’. I found that I needed to work to be happy. I had to shed a lot of stuff, painfully unpeel one thing after another. I had to learn a lot of stuff, learn about myself and what ticks me. For me, enlightenment, achievement of happiness is a path, perhaps circular where you return to where you started, albeit with a new perspective, but still a path. You have to walk the path. You need to work on being happy. You need to learn the skills. You need to seek out things and people that make you happy. It’s a process. Don’t give yourself a hard time if progress is slow and non linear, but remember – there are choices to be made, and they won’t be easy, and you will have to make them. So don’t just sit and wait for happiness, it does not just come, go get it, work for it, make some choices and take some actions!
- Follow Nomad of the Universe on WordPress.com
- A galaxy of smiling hippos dances around me :) Sacred poetry workshop with Highest Good Wellbeing
- How to trust the Universe by Alan Watts
- When you find a star with a smiley face on a tomato…
- “When you arrive at non-action, nothing will be left undone. Mastery of the world is achieved by letting things take their natural course.”
- Ride your horse along the edge of the sword… #zen #happiness #awakening
beth on How to trust the Universe by A… beth on When you find a star with a sm… lolkin on “When you arrive at non-… beth on “When you arrive at non-… lolkin on Art therapy – Three magi…