I finally got the book, the first translated edition (UK readers, you can get one here). And it is amazing. Nothing like what I expected! It is not about death at all. It is about enlightenment, how to achieve it and how to live according to Buddhist principles. I read only a couple of pages and already had a few profound insights, like the quote below. It is not an easy read – lots of references and ‘Buddhist jargon’, but it is an enlightening one and many pages read like a song (well, they are designed like prayers). I now read a couple of pages of this book instead of meditating. Namaste, nomads, have a nice weekend!
- Follow Nomad of the Universe on WordPress.com
- A galaxy of smiling hippos dances around me :) Sacred poetry workshop with Highest Good Wellbeing
- How to trust the Universe by Alan Watts
- When you find a star with a smiley face on a tomato…
- “When you arrive at non-action, nothing will be left undone. Mastery of the world is achieved by letting things take their natural course.”
- Ride your horse along the edge of the sword… #zen #happiness #awakening
beth on How to trust the Universe by A… beth on When you find a star with a sm… lolkin on “When you arrive at non-… beth on “When you arrive at non-… lolkin on Art therapy – Three magi…