I finally got the book, the first translated edition (UK readers, you can get one here). And it is amazing. Nothing like what I expected! It is not about death at all. It is about enlightenment, how to achieve it and how to live according to Buddhist principles. I read only a couple of pages and already had a few profound insights, like the quote below. It is not an easy read – lots of references and ‘Buddhist jargon’, but it is an enlightening one and many pages read like a song (well, they are designed like prayers). I now read a couple of pages of this book instead of meditating. Namaste, nomads, have a nice weekend!
- Follow Nomad of the Universe on WordPress.com
- What would you do if you had 24 hours left to live?
- Resilience in Buddhism, a different perspective to find happiness, joy and peace #burnout #unemployment #anxiety
- Overcoming challenges and growing through struggles – I will be live on May 11 #burnout #mentalhealth
- In the beginning, fear and excitement feel the same
- To get out of your anger #ThichNhatHanh