I have installed Ted app on my smartphone. I should have done it long time ago really. Now instead of watching my favourite TV shows (which are on summer break anyway) before going to bed, or in other words passive media consumption 🙂 I watch Hitrecord (which will soon air on Pivot) and Ted. I ran into this video by Pico Iyer about what we call home in a modern reality of hyper mobility. And like a Kazakh with the British passport living in Holland with my Scottish husband, I could not agree more. Being nomadic, travelling a lot, living in different countries is great as long as you have found or are finding yourself. Because home is inside us. It’s who we are. If you move places searching for yourself, you are probably not doing it right. Watch this, it is a fantastic talk.
- Follow Nomad of the Universe on WordPress.com
- What would you do if you had 24 hours left to live?
- Resilience in Buddhism, a different perspective to find happiness, joy and peace #burnout #unemployment #anxiety
- Overcoming challenges and growing through struggles – I will be live on May 11 #burnout #mentalhealth
- In the beginning, fear and excitement feel the same
- To get out of your anger #ThichNhatHanh