In the last hour before we ring in new year, on the day which also happens to be my birthday, only a couple of things left – donate my birthday present to charities and publish this post.
What started as a compassion letter exercise became the annual review, or rather 11 things this year that I distilled my learnings to, 11 principles I want to follow now and going forward, and a chart outlining the key 6. The list below and the chart are not the same, the chart leverages the main themes of my previous posts here. Nevertheless, it’s a good summary of 2015 for me.
What were your learnings, the outcomes of your annual reviews? Do share and happy new year!
- Take stock of what you have and how far you have got
- Let go of any quests, life purpose or else. It will come to you, give it time
- Stop criticising yourself for what you are. Accept yourself as you are, fully. Love yourself
- Stop being a maximizer and be a satisficer instead
- Have no expectations, do not plan how things will be
- Stop living in line with somebody else’s expectations
- Hug yourself more often
- Never stop learning
- Finish what you started before you start anything else
- Believe it will all work out. Trust. Surrender but keep making little steps forward