I follow Deepak Chopra. Despite him trying some weird commercial things lately, he still is a ‘spiritual guru’ in a sense of providing really good self development advice. Below is an excerpt from his latest post which I personally thought was a fantastic everyday checklist for anyone wanting to stay on track of positive thinking and happy life.
Getting stuck is the worst thing your brain can do to you, and vice versa. The ultimate responsibility rests upon you, because you are meant to be the user of your brain, not the other way around. When a person isn’t stuck, there is a conscious attempt, year in and year out, to renew the feedback loop. To do this, the following pointers will help:
- Question your ingrained beliefs, prejudices, and assumptions.
- Keep lines of communication open with others.
- Encourage opinions from a wide circle of people.
- Respect and understand views that are the opposite of yours.
- Be aware of your negative emotions and work on them without blaming others.
- Value self-awareness and work to expand your awareness.
- Look upon your life as a continuing process of evolution.