We are looking to find a new place for longer term rental in the Netherlands, ideally in the village of Volendam where we are based and which we got to like, and discovering how different the rental market is here, compared to the UK. Most of the long term rentals here are unfurnished, and not just unfurnished, they are ‘shell’ or ‘bare’, which means there is no furniture, but also no fittings (carpets, curtains, lights) or white goods. Oh. Nomads travel light, you know. I don’t feel like carrying around fridges, sofas and carpets, God forbid! We are trying to figure out a solution which I am sure we will. In the meantime, I found this really good article talking about the specifics of the rental market in the Netherlands and neatly summing up all the other general pros and cons of living here as well as cultural differences. Very good summary and absolutely in line with my experience so far.
- Follow Nomad of the Universe on WordPress.com
- Thank You Plant Medicine Day – join our online sharing circle this Sunday!
- Emptiness Survival Kit. Part 4: Change The Lens. Day 42: I Am Emptiness.
- Emptiness Survival Kit. Part 4: Change The Lens. Day 41: Emptiness Is A Way.
- Emptiness Survival Kit. Part 4: Change The Lens. Day 40: Trust The Dharma.
- Emptiness Survival Kit. Part 4: Change The Lens. Day 39: I Truly Am It All Already.