Back to the practicalities of being a happy nomad 🙂 I do miss Money Saving Expert and This Is Money newsletter equivalents, in the Netherlands it’s more about the newspapers. Yep, you get info on the deals and discounts via letterbox and on paper. I have to caveat that this may be because I live in a village. The biggest supermarket here is Deen (no Albert Heijn, alas) and so I am reading their paper diligently, why spend more on something you can get for cheaper? 🙂 I am reading with Google Translate, occasionally ABBYY Reader (see my previous posts), and learn words as I go. One thing has been puzzling me, in the supermarket newspapers you often see op = op. I have finally found the answer to what this means, nope, not bogof (buy one get one free), apparently it stands for ‘while stocks last’. Here you go, another cultural mystery deciphered and explained. Have a happy day! 🙂
- Follow Nomad of the Universe on WordPress.com
- Heartstopper indeed
- What would you do if you had 24 hours left to live?
- Resilience in Buddhism, a different perspective to find happiness, joy and peace #burnout #unemployment #anxiety
- Overcoming challenges and growing through struggles – I will be live on May 11 #burnout #mentalhealth
- In the beginning, fear and excitement feel the same